The way a man dress speaks volumes. Unfortunately, most people judge by appearance and dressing your best helps to ensure others see you in a positive light. Men often find it difficult to choose their clothing, especially when it comes to shirts. Being aware of some helpful tips will assist men in choosing the perfect shirt for any occasion.
6 Attributes of a Quality Men’s Shirt
Whether you are choosing a bamboo cay shirt or a dress shirt for a special occasion, there are some quality attributes you should always look for. Looking for the following attributes will help to ensure you choose the perfect men’s shirt.
1. One of the first things a man should consider when purchasing a shirt is the material. Natural materials are preferable over manmade because they breathe better. If a shirt does not feel comfortable, a man is not going to want to wear it often. Manmade fabrics may feel irritating against the skin and should be avoided.
2. The construction of the men’s shirt is also an important consideration. It is wise to check the stitching and the buttons to ensure they are constructed with precision. If you notice loose threads or buttons, do not purchase the shirt because it will not hold up long.
3. If the shirt has a pattern, the pattern should be lined up correctly to match at all points. If the pockets and side seams do not blend well together, this is a sign of poor manufacturing and should be avoided. High-quality shirts will be blended well.
4. The thickness of the shirt is also an important consideration. If the fabric is overly thin, it will not hold up to wear and tear and will not last long. Thicker fabrics will stand up to more abuse and will not become as damaged in the wash.
5. Paying attention to the collar is important for making the right purchase. If the collar is fused, this means the shirt is cheaply made. Manufacturers who fuse collars are trying to cut corners and this means their products are inferior.
6. Checking the yoke of the shirt is also important. The yoke is on the upper back and spreads across the shoulders. High-quality shirts will have a split back, allowing the fabric to fully accommodate the shoulders.
Take Your Time While Shopping
Taking time in shopping for the right men’s shirt is crucial. Research the designers and manufacturers and learn as much as possible. It is also helpful to carefully read customer reviews to ensure there are no major complaints.
Choosing the right men’s clothing begins with choosing the perfect size. Even if the shirt is expertly constructed and of the highest quality, it will not look stylish if it does not fit correctly.
Men want high-quality clothing just as much as women. Being able to make the right choice will ensure you look you’re very best for every occasion.
Having a wardrobe of a variety of shirts for every occasion will ensure you feel confident in everything you wear. If you follow the above tips, it will be much easier to choose men’s shirts that are made of the highest quality materials and stitching components. Shirts that are expertly manufactured will hold up for many years to come. Take your time and do not rush the process for the best results.